I love the Lord. Really do. I am trying with all I have to teach my boys to love the Lord. I believe they do.
When I was growing up, my parents never really talked to me about the things of God. All that I learned I learned in Sunday School, and from friends in youth group meetings. Sometimes those ideas were completely skewed. SIDE NOTE: Parents, the statistics are true, if you don't talk to your kids (regardless of the subject) they WILL form their opinions from their friends.
So in talking to my boys, nothing is off limits. Including Christ's return. When I was younger the thought of Christ returning was a scary one for me. And sometimes it still is. I tell Chris, "what if Christ comes and I get left behind? What if my walk has been a show all of these years?" I know I that I sincerely asked Christ into my heart. I know that I love Him more than I can put into words, but sometimes I still get scared. Guess because I don't completely understand it.
But today the boys were talking about it back seat on the way home from school. Don't know what got them on such a deep subject, but nonetheless that was the after school discussion.
Noah: "Someday Jesus will come back and take all of the Christians to heaven with Him right Mom?"
Me: "Yes"
Noah: "Then God will give everyone else seven years to become a Christian. But it will be very hard right--harder than it is now? Because people won't want Christians to worship God"
Me: "Yes"
Matthew: "What will happen to the people who don't become Christians after those seven years?"
Me: "Then their time will be up and they will have made a choice even though they didn't chose."
Noah: (whistling) "Then that won't be good for them. What will God do then?"
Me: "God will return and destroy the earth and Christ will set up his eternal kingdom. But you know if God destroys it..."
Noah: "He can build it back again. Because He is God and He loves us."
I hope I am teaching them right about the rapture. There's still so much I don't understand, but I think I have managed to teach them that above all God is a loving God. Ready to restore and ready to save.
I hope you too know how much God loves.
No comments:
Post a Comment