Wednesday, May 2, 2007

I am not saying it yet...

So the roller coaster that has been house hunting has continued since our last failed attempt. And anyone who knows me knows I HATE roller coasters! We have officially been looking since early March. That does not seem long to some, but after a while looking at houses gets mighty old. I was telling a friend that it is so much easier to rent. You simply find a home you like pay the application fee sign the lease agreement and move in. When you buy a house you have the whole process of being accepted or rejected depending sometimes on nothing more than the mood of the realtor or seller. THEN you have house inspections, appraisals, and all that fun stuff--yet more opportunity to lose the house you think you're in love with.

We found one that we seemed to like with over 1700 square feet. We planned on putting a bid in for that one. The the realtor calls and says she has seen one that has only been on the market for 6 days that is almost 1900 square feet, but it is not the location we really want. Well, I went (reluctantly) to look. It was much more spacious with 2 living areas AND a sun room--lots of space for growing boys to stretch out in. Could I live with the house in the location it is in?

I guess we will see. Tomorrow Chris calls inspectors and the likes. I will not officially announce ANYTHING other than we will be moving we just don't know when--be it into this house or another. Someday we will begin buying. But for now we get to go through another part of the journey. Pretty soon we will have done this so much we will be old pros. Keep checking back with us--I will keep you updated.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I cannot wait to see it! I am really excited and anxious for you!

~Shade of my Heart~ said...

Hey my friend... I wish the "house fairy" will sprinkle perfect dust on your house! I KNOW how rollercoastery (is that a word???) it can be! I am on that roller coaster everyday I wake up!
You are NOT alone on this journey!
(PS... my email still isn't getting through to you. I'm going to set up a local email address, so I'll try that, too!)