Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Merry Christmas

I hope that you had a Blessed Christmas season. I know ours was in every way. It started out on Sunday when we fed the homeless. What a blessing it was to serve. So many of the people that we served were so grateful. And after serving, it was quite hard to leave without realizing all that we have. I would not mind doing that every Christmas.

Then we opened gifts with Chris' family on Sunday night. The adults always draw names. I drew Stephanie, my sister-in-law. She specifically asked me for Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots. I thought she was pulling my leg, but as she opened it she was quick to tell me that she hoped I listened, otherwise she was going to be quite disappointed. Looks like she isn't too old to enjoy the joys of the season.


The holiday festivities continued on Monday where we opened gifts with my family. My sister wanted some butterfly jeans (which I hunted like a mad woman for) and she was excited when she opened them.









The boys were shocked at their gift. A Wii!


Mark and Chris really got into the golf game after it was set up.

Meanwhile, Matthew spread his 800 piece Lego set all over the floor.


















BUT by bedtime it was completely put together.

Noah really wanted his Blue's Clues CD.














Ryleigh loved her dress shoes and posed for anyone who asked.




I was blessed with lots of fun things. I collect Willow Tree Angels, but my collection consists of family sets mostly. So the reading angel threw me.












I asked Chris why he chose that particular one for me, he said it reminded him of me because I am always reading my bible and trying to grow in Wisdom. WOW! What a testimony--I was honored and humbled that my husband looked at me that way. How undeserving I am of such words.






The next morning Santa came. Noah loved his Nemo stuff, even though Santa's note said there aren't very many elves left to make Nemo stuff anymore.


Matthew finally got his MP3 player. He was thrilled.







Mark got Cars and his Knight's castle.

Christmas day we went to mom's and Jordan was playing with his Pirate ship.










And Chris found a corner to sleep in--that is what he really wanted for Christmas.








I am glad that we were able to get everyone exactly what they wanted. I loved every minute of it. But above all I hope my children saw through me that HE is the reason for it all--HE is the reason we have received so much and HE is the reason we can give so much. I pray you were able to see a glimpse of that this year too. Merry Christmas!

No comments: