Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Before and After...

Scissors that is. Children have a natural curiosity--kind of like cats. But you know how that saying ends...

Anyway, I thought maybe you might enjoy a good laugh and since I couldn't glue his hair back on, laughing is really all I could do as well. When I asked him why he cut his hair, he said that he wanted to see what his hair looked like. Call me crazy, but I thought that was what mirrors were for.

Although, to prevent the appearance of my approval at his new found creativity, I laughed ONLY after I took the pictures and Noah went to bed.

Noah BEFORE scissors. Notice how beautifully his bangs lay against his forhead.










Noah AFTER scissors. Notice the big gapping hole in his bangs. This is where he decided to trim...NOT the back, NOT the top, right in the very front.
Noah after MOM used the scissors. Can you tell he was not happy with his new look? Good thing they'll grow out.

6 comments:

~Shade of my Heart~ said...

This SO looks like when Randy took the hair buzzers (that's what he called them) and made "landing strip" down the middle of his 2 year old brothers hair! (Riley had such beautiful hair, too!) Aren't kids funny? Randy said he wanted to do "like Daddy" and shave his head but knew he'd get in trouble, so he cut Riley's instead! Good thing little kids look cute with shaved heads, and it was summer!!

Mommahen said...

OMGOSH! How can you not laugh?
When Mark was 4 and Matthew had just turned 2, I left my razor on the edge of the tub (see where this is going?) They both got REEALLY quiet, when I finally went to check on them, Matthew had half of ONE eyebrow missing. He had daycare pictures the next day. And he was completely oblivious to what had happened to him--he had the biggest smile in that picture. We still look at them and say...remember when.

Sarah said...

I love it!

Gayla said...

Oh, I so remember Jonathon getting my razor and shaving almost a perfect heart into the back of his newly cut hair. Thank God for my hairdresser who kindly gave us a military cut at 9:45 PM!!! He's adorable! And yes...Clarissa cut hers too, it just so happen to blend in!

Lisa said...

I once ran my thumb across one of my dad's Bic shavers because I wanted to see what the blade "felt" like . . . it stopped bleeding eventually.

Mommahen said...

Okay, I so made a fist upon reading that comment! Not out of anger, but out of pain.

I'm actually typing with my knuckles right now.