Being married to a restaurant manager means that Valentines day is for EVERYONE else. But Chris makes a real effort to at least take me to lunch. So we enjoyed lunch at Carino's. The bread was so fresh and hot. I bet I gained 5 pounds just eating bread. But the wonderful thing about that is that Chris will love me anyway.
The boys took candy roses to their teachers. I had fun making these, and while it doesn't take a LOT of time I am certainly glad that I only need to make them once a year. They enjoyed fun and games at their parties, and while
I felt bad that Mark did not have any party, I did make sure he had roses to give to his teachers, female friends, and others. And he missed the party, but he loved not having homework today.
And the sweetest thing that I got was Noah's gift. He received $5.00 from his grandma for Valentines and made Chris take him to Wal-Mart to buy me a flower. He said that boys are supposed to buy
something for girls on Valentines and he loved me so he wanted to buy me a flower. His future wife is going to be SO LUCKY! He bought me the rose Chris bought me the tulips.
And since it is Valentines Day I thought it would be a good time to share some of the wonderful things I love about my guys.
Five Things I Love About Chris:
1. He will eat anything I put in front of him--even if it is only beans and cornbread.
2. He looks past the fact that I have gone up two whole sizes since we married.
3. He saves me tons of money in mechanic bills.
4. He really has a wonderul sense of humor that is saved for me--he is so good at making me laugh.
5. He has never thought twice about me staying home to be with the boys. He works so hard to give us all that we have.
Five Things I Love About Noah:
1. He smells so good after a bath.
2. He has such great faith.
3. He is the best cuddler.
4. He has a sweet tooth like mommy.
5. He's happy just being with me, and never expects anything from me.
Five Things I Love About Matthew:
1. No matter how tough things get he never gives up.
2. He has the biggest heart of any child I know.
3. He enjoys every moment, never worrying about the next one.
4. He has beautiful hair.
5. His eyes dissapear when he smiles.
Five Things I Love About Mark:
1. He has a strong moral compass.
2. He loves to help others.
3. He likes my cooking.
4. His sense of humor is maturing and he enjoys finding jokes that he and I can laugh at together.
5. He is a whiz at video games, and compared to his mom he is genius at video games.
I hope each of you find something wonderful about those who surround you. After all that is really what the holiday should be I think. People taking time to realize how lovely the people around them are. And if you didn't hear it any where else this holiday please know that I love you and so does God!
1 comment:
This was BEAUTIFUL! I loved reading the lists! Your family is very blessed to have you, Elaine!
I have a niece I might be able to line up for one of those sweet boys....
Post a Comment