One of my favorite movies is the Princess Bride. I love it when the priest is performing the marriage ceremony. "WUV! TUWOO WUV WILL FAWOAH YOU FOREVAH!" (Translation: Love! True Love will follow you forever!) What Romance!
This year we stepped away from the commercialism just a bit and had so much fun making our own Valentine's cards. It was a tad time consuming, but no one complained that we only had hamburger helper for supper that night.
Matthew made Owls for the boys and Dogs for the girls.
Our little lover of the sea made Fish! How do you not just LOVE that face?!
Matthew also made his own valentine box. We found it in one of our family magazines. It was a locker personalized with a pennant of his school mascot. He was proud of how good it looked. And it won him honorable mention in his class contest. He was disappointed with honorable mention--he sets his sights so high all of the time. But I like what his aunt told him "Honorable mention is better than NO mention."
Valentine's Day has never been a a day that I can celebrate with my hubby because of his profession. He is a restaurant manager, and he's always had to work, but I know I am loved and don't need a date on the calendar to remind me of that. Plus, the memories I made with the boys this year were the best. We know better than to try to visit daddy at work on that day so we will simply enjoy time together. I love my boys and hope more than anything they remember that. I want my love to give them a glimpse of the Father's love. All that I do for them is nothing more than a reminder that God has done so much more. I know He loves me and I am grateful that He still gives good things--even when I act like my children and throw my own temper tantrums, forget my promises, slack on my responsibilities, or take my life for granted. I think that is what God really wants this holiday to be about--not flowers, or cards, or candy. All of those things are nice. But more than anything I think He wants us to remember that in our gift giving we can NEVER out give or out love God. I hope you too get to spend some time with your Father this Valentine's Day. And I pray you will always know you're loved.
3 comments:
I sure got a sweet surprise from my favorite family on Wuv Day!
That really did my heart good! I love you guys so much! You have a gift for caring for others!
Well, we did it becuase we "wuv" you! : )
The older I am getting the more I am realizing that Valentine's Day is not just for couples, but it really is a time to tell so many people you love them. And you were tops on our list!
"Death cannot stop true love. All it can do is delay it awhile." My FAVORITE movie!!!
Post a Comment