We had our spring break this past week. Chris had some vacation time with Chili's (even though he has not even been there a year--thank you Chili's) and so we took the boys to the Ft. Worth Zoo. We were only gone for 3 1/2 days, but the time away was SO nice. We went to the zoo and then to the Rain Forest Cafe and the Grapevine Mills Mall (the mall was really more for me). We also got to see some dear friends we too often take for granted. Spending quality time with each of them was a wonderful time of renewal. Moments with them reminds Chris and I that we really don't laugh enough. Thank you Ruben and Tina. And Noah got to see one of his most beloved teachers--Miss Stephanie. What an amazing woman of God she is. I am glad my son was able to experience her influence if even for just a brief period in his life. So our week was a wonderful reminder in ALL ways of how much God loves us.

Ruben & Tina

Noah and Miss Stephy
We also took my three year old nephew--who by the way has NEVER spent the night away from mom. Another reason I love my husband so much. It was his idea to take Jordan, he is always so good at giving back. I think that is another reason why the Lord has been so good to us. He doesn't allow such kindness to go without reward. It was Noah and Jordan's first times at the zoo. It was neat to see the world through their eyes. Jordan was terrified of the Rhino--it was a monster--he thought. And of course Pumba (the wart hog) was a hit, but man was he UUUUGLY!

Jordan and Noah at Rain Forest

The family in front of a waterfall

Pumba is MUCH cuter in The Lion King
And then I was amazed by the Jaguar. Did you know that Jaguars used to be found in Texas, but due to hunting they have been completely wiped out? Insert Cliff Claven's voice here, "Just a little known fact for you." And of course the most amazingly beautiful animal I saw was the silver back gorilla. He was breathtaking. I am always in awe of God's mind when I see His creation. Just last week my kiddo's learned that God created all these animals for us. And not only did He create these animals, but He created exactly what each of them would need to survive in this world. It was truly an opportunity to thank Him for His diverse creation.
Isn't he majestic?
Can you imagine having to color every giraffe?!
Sorry my week wasn't much more exciting. But I hope you enjoyed the pictures, and I hope you too had time to realize how blessed you truly are.

That's all folks!
4 comments:
I think it's great that you guys took Jordan. I do bet there were people looking at you with two thoughts though - Get a TV and you poor thing...FOUR boys!!!! lol I'm glad you guys had a great time away. As the saying goes, it does the body good. In this case, it does the family good!
It's funny that you say that becuase we DID get stares. The worst ones were when we would go out to eat. Both the people around us and the waitstaff would give a look like "OH GREAT. This meal is going to be fun!" But I must brag on my family--they all used great manners. However, that does not give me the desire to increase the family size. It's perfect just the way it is! :-)
What a blessing, Elaine! You are truly a Woman of God! I KNOW how difficult it is to take 3 kids anywhere, and to take on a 4th, you GO GIRL! Sure you don't want to go for that girl???
Absolutely Positive!
Post a Comment