HI friend! I know that you are upset due to my lack of posts, and believe me I have wanted to update you, but things have been CUH-RAZY here. It seems as though my children's lives have consumed me lately, but I am not all too upset about that. I know soon enough they will no longer need me to be as involved. I promise you when that time comes, you will get tired of reading my ramblings.
BUT since it has been three weeks since my last post, let me update you...
Mark sprained his ankle and was off of it for an entire weekend, out of soccer for an entire week. Well since the weather has been so bad lately he hasn't gotten to play a real game, but he has had to miss practice. He was very confident in his abilities on the TAKS and said he "knows he got commended." I pray that he NEVER looses that confidence.
Matthew at current has an A in reading! WAY TO GO MATTHEW! We are so proud of him. We had his most recent ARD meeting (Admission, Review, and Dismissal into the special services programs of LISD). The teachers words..."Matthew is a very bright boy! I see him being very successful." Are you talking about Matthew Santos? MY child? I mean I already know those things, and have fought to show others the same vision (sometimes pointlessly), but to hear the school say it. I was kind of blown away. Oh, and he also contracted to Chicken Pox this week. He was too cute. He came in from school Wednesday and said "Man the mosquitoes are out early this year." That sent up a red flag for me. See when I was in the 1st grade, I came home and told my mom the same thing. It turned out I had Chicken Pox and was banished from my home for well over 2 weeks. My brother had a compromised immune system and contracting the virus could have been fatal for him. So I took Matthew to the doctor and he confirmed my suspicions. Luckily Matthew had a very mild case and will be able to attend school Monday.
Noah started speech classes this week. It is at a local head start twice a week on Monday and Wednesdays. It took everything I had after I walked him into the room not to grab him and run out all the while screaming "NOOO! I DON'T KNOW YOU PEOPLE! YOU CAN'T HAVE MY BABY!" The speech teacher had two things going for her though. She looked EXTREMELY loving (and weak--I could take her if need be) and Noah really needs help learning the correct way to say certain things. Her name is Miss Jennifer and she did offer me to stay. If it would have been Mark, I would have plopped myself right down. You tend to do that with the first child. But with Noah, I know he tends to come out of his shell a bit more if mommy is not right there. So I left. She said he did great though. But when I went to pick him up he was waiting for me and once he saw me ran at me full force and jumped in my arms. Oh, what a feeling! I wonder if I can convince him to do that forever--or at least until my back gives out. He also had kindergarten orientation this week. I am not worried at all about him attending school next year. I will certainly miss him, but he is so familiar with the school, due to my time "volunteering"/spying up there. But he was probably the smallest four-year-old there. He asked if he needed his backpack that day. He has a small Nemo backpack that he thinks he will take with him. We'll see how that goes this fall.
And of course there is us. We have been busy since early March looking for houses. The one we are in is just too small for us anymore. Our first choice was snatched out from under us. After that it was hard for me to get too excited about looking at any houses. Plus, I did not like the idea of a bigger monthly payment. It makes me quite nervous to be honest with you. I can have the faith of David, and face giants when it comes to claiming God's promises for my boys. But to always believe them for myself is hard. And I hate to admit that. Nonetheless, it has caused some moments of disagreements with my honey. Chris is great at claiming those promises for me--us. And he has been reassuring me that we will be okay. We have been wanting our own home for some time now. I have wanted a bigger living room so my kids could play without being told you're in the way or you're being too loud. And a bigger kitchen has been a dream of mine since childhood. I think we have found both. At least I better feel that way because we have a new home now. It has happened much faster than I expected and I am still a bit shell shocked. I have told my family and some dear friends and they have all very lovingly said "you don't sound very excited. What's the matter with you?!" It's a bit overwhelming. And I haven't even started packing yet! We close on May 3rd. I have less than a month to sort and pack 9 years of stuff. Soo...if you don't hear from me very much in the coming weeks, please bear with me. I am probably drowning in junk--I mean possessions. And if you start to miss me that much, you can always come help!
2 comments:
WAIT! IT JUST HIT ME! We got the news on Good Friday! Okay Lord, be patient with me--it sometimes takes a while to let things sink in. But how could things go wrong when so much has gone right on such a day? If I have forgotten to say it, Thank you Father.
Thank you! During this time I'll make sure MY phone doesn't lose it's memory and/or MY vehicle remembers the way to 46th street! Love ya!
Post a Comment