I have to share my BIG mommy moment with you. Grab your coffee or beverage of choice and come sit with me a while.
Last Sunday being Easter Sunday, we had an egg hunt for the kids in the nurseries at my church. While it was organized chaos, the kids did have fun. But when we got back to the room the volunteer tried to explain to them why we celebrate Easter. Most of the kids (my sweet Noah included) replied "TO GET EGGS!"
Well, no...but harder than explaining that eggs are not the reason for Easter is trying to explain the death and Resurrection of Christ to a bunch of 2, 3, and 4 year olds. She did the best she could and then it was time for the parents to come pick up their kids. The one Sunday we need more time to get the message across and our pastor decides to cut it short!
Today I was doing some work and Noah brings me his children's bible. I thought..HEY I'll read him the Resurrection story from here. So I did. I read the story of the crucifixion and then the Resurrection of Christ. Of course during the crucifixion story Noah said, "I feel sorry for Jesus." His story told him that Jesus' friends felt sorry for Him too. He felt somewhat better knowing there people there who were sad for Christ. Then when we read the Resurrection part, Noah was relieved to see that Jesus was not in the tomb/cave.
The bible tells us that by His stripes we are healed. While I believe that and claim it in my own prayers, I have not yet introduced the complete concept to Noah that way. The other two boys understand that Jesus' death brought spiritual, mental, emotional, and physical healing to us.
But as Noah was praying for his grilled cheese sandwich today, he prayed, "And Jesus take my eczema away for good" He prays this quite often, never getting discouraged like I sometimes do because God did not answer RIGHT AWAY. But he went on in his prayer to say, "because I know you died on the cross Jesus and now you are in heaven with God, so please take my eczema away." WOW! Talk about a choked up mom.
Don't tell me that children don't have spirits of discernment within them. His little spirit understands things that I have yet to teach him. And you know what, I know my Father heard that prayer and was pleased. I guess that is what Christ meant in Matthew 18:3 when He said "unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of Heaven."
Noah the kingdom of heaven is surely yours!
2 comments:
Elaine, I LOVE YOU my friend!!!
Come see my blog at
http://texan5.blogspot.com/
Tracy
Hey Elaine.. I am trying to email you but AOL keeps kicking it back to me!! Any suggestions? Email me and I will reply and see if it goes through that way!
Post a Comment