Monday, August 6, 2007

Amistad

I love my friends. And if I have not told you that lately, please forgive me. I have been thinking these past couple of days about all of the people I call friends. Honestly, I should call you family--because that is what I consider you...family.

I think about the friend who continues to work with my son to help him be the best reader possible (thank you sarah). I think about the friend who stepped in to substitute for the friend who usually tutors Matthew (thank you kim). I think about the friend who lives miles away, but considers us so special she wants Noah to be her ring bearer this winter (thank you stephanie). I think about the friend who I can always count on to spend a couple of hours with me enjoying a good lunch while being my sounding board (thank you roxanne). I think about my friend who although it has been years since our last visit, I can see him and instantly feel nostalgic for the days gone by (thank you james). I think about the friends we left behind when we moved from Dallas, and how it can literally be years (and children) between visits yet they NEVER fail to make us laugh (thank you ruben and tina). I think about the friend who I met in the Goin'Band and how although we only had a full semester together, I feel as though we have never parted (thank you tracy). I think about the friend who was such a rock for me when Chris was transitioning from one job to another. Her words during that time truly helped me push forward (thank you nita). I think about the friend who is such a new friend, but I have already bonded so much with her (thank you lisa). I think about the friend who has seen me at my best and worst, yet loves me the same without judgement (thank you gayla). I think about the friend who will not hesitate to help before he even knows what needs to be done (thank you sal). I think about the friend who is so much younger than I yet still makes me feel "cool" (thank you Tish). I think about the friend who has such a gift of hospitality towards me and my children that we are always reminded of how much more God loves us when we are with his family (thank you jay). I think about the friend who doesn't care if I have on make-up or if I brush my teeth-- I am still a beauty queen--his beauty queen (thank you Chris).

I am indebted to each and every one of you. You each have helped me on the road to discovering exactly who it is that God wants me to be. And you each have pulled me (and sometimes my family) along when all I wanted to do was to sit down on that road. If it has been a while since I have talked to you, please know I have not forgotten you and I miss you like crazy! For those of you that I am so blessed to see regularly, please know that I do not forget you either. I am only a sum of the all the parts. And I wish that every person could be surrounded my such amazing people.

Thank you my friends. I love you beyond measure and pray God would bless you even more than you have blessed me!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I am honored that you consider me friend. I am honored and blessed by your friendship and loyalty!

~Shade of my Heart~ said...

My friend, you honor me! You are close to me in spirit, heart, thoughts and Christ, even though the miles continue to pull us apart!