Sunday, July 22, 2007

Summer Fun

As I have journaled before, summer is my favorite season. Yet, I don't take enough time out of the laziness to enjoy all of the fun. This past weekend we took the boys (along with my sister and her kids) to the park. It was a fun time--no cell phones to bother us, no TV to distract us. Just the company of loved ones and the beauty of God's green earth. Yes...even in the middle of July you can still find some of God's green earth in West Texas. I have to confess though that sometimes it is easier to say, "oh let's rent a movie," or "let's GO to the movies." Often times not really taking the effort to connect with our little ones. But I am always reminded of how much I long for that connection after a day at the park. Maybe it is because they remind me of my youth that is long gone, or maybe it is because I see how much my children beam at the opportunity to go to the park with ME. I don't have to work to get their affection, it's just there and they can't wait to spend time with me. Whatever the reason, I came away so grateful to God for the health and ability to enjoy my time with my family. I encourage each of you to find that thing that you enjoy doing most with your kids (or loved ones), and do it. No matter how hard it is, because the reward afterwards is always greater. For me right now, my children are my ministry, and I pray that someday, in spite of all my MANY mistakes, they will remember the love of Christ they occasionally got glimpses of through me. But here are some pictures of our night...hope you laugh as much as I have.


The boys call these things topsy turvies. You sit on them and they will spin by themselves. HOWEVER, Mark thought it would be great fun to help Aunt Kristy along.
Kristy got even though, and got Mark going at super speeds--not hard seeing as how he weighs next to nothing.

When you spin yourself you get off with the world turning, however when some else spins you, you get off and land face first in the sand--notice the word Ouch coming from his lips?
The boys tried to fly a kite. First with Mark pulling the string and Matthew running with the kite...
Then with Matthew pulling the string and Mark holding the kite.

And on the other side of the park Jordan is ever believing that Uncle Chris WILL figure this kite out before night fall.

And little Noah loved his time so much he wanted everyone to know that he felt like the King of the world.

Well you know what Noah? Each of you have made ME feel like the Queen of the world. I love you my children.

4 comments:

Gayla said...

Sorry we missed the fun. We need to do it again though before school starts! So....did Uncle Chris figure out the kite?

~Shade of my Heart~ said...

What a truly blessed time you had! Isn't it amazing how much fun and enjoyment can be found in the simple toys at the park? My favorite time of the day is when we venture to the park next to our house. Even just watching the kids play makes me younger!

Mommahen said...

Nope, he never got the kite flying and as soon as Chris turned his back JOrdan jetted off to go back to the rock wall! It was too funny.

And Tracy I admire you so for never letting an opportunity pass to let your kids be kids!

Sarah said...

I love your kids too! I am anxious to see them. Got back Friday. I'll call you to work out a time to work with Matthew and catch up!