We are back from our vacation and really enjoyed our time in San Antonio. We did lots of fun things. We went to the Prime Outlets and Tanger Outlets, and I was so proud of myself. I bought very little. The only thing I splurged on was the fudge. I have a hard time finding anyone who is willing to bring some back so when I get to make a trip to The Fudgery I take full advantage of it.
We also got to go to Sea World and enjoyed our two day pass there! Some friends and family tell us that Sea World is a place that you can only visit so often because it never changes. But for us it is ALWAYS worth the money, the drive, the heat, the crowd. We have never left Sea World disappointed and this year was no different.
And our last leg of the trip was spent with an aunt and uncle of Chris'. Mike and Delores are such a nice couple. And I love them so much I consider them MY aunt and uncle as well. They have ALWAYS opened up their homes to us. And the very first year we traveled down there, they literally came and checked us out of the hotel and told us to stay with them. We again this year made time to spend an evening with them, and I am so glad we did. They took us to this delicious Mexican Restaurant called Sausalito's. And when we got ready to go home Uncle Mike loaded our cooler with bottles of water and ice.
We found lots of good Chili's to eat at, and have had our fill of all that good food for at least a few weeks.
I will post our amazing experience at Sea World later so please check back (Matthew was the star--literally). But I must tell you what happened at the Outlet Malls that showed how much God took care of us. We have a mini van and Noah sits behind the passenger's seat most of the time. We don't have captains seats back there,it is a long two seater. But every time the boys climb in and out of the van they hit the seat belt that holds Noah's car seat because it comes over the walk way. So Chris moved Noah over behind the drivers seat for our trip. Therefore, Chris is not used to checking to make sure Noah shuts the door well when he gets out.
We got to the outlet mall at around 4. We got out and walked until 8:30. As we were walking back to the van we noticed the sliding door WIDE open. Between the DVD players, the radio, the MP3 player, the game boys, and my digital camera we had over one thousand dollars of electronic equipment in there. Chris ran to the van and PRAISE GOD NOTHING WAS MISSING! NOTHING! We have concluded that Noah must not have shut the door and Chris not being used to checking, left it open as well. I was just so thankful that God took care of it for us. But doesn't He always take care of things for us? Even when we don't realize they need to be taken care of? God is so good--all of the time. Hope you too have an opportunity to see that in your life this week.
I will close with a few of my favorite pictures. Be sure to come back and read my next post. Matthew is truly blessed by God!

Mark and Matthew wait patiently before the Shamu show!
Chris and Mark were the only ones brave enough to ride the Steel Eel.

Everyone eventually feel asleep in the van. Noah just forgot to put his glasses on his eyes when he did.
1 comment:
I'm so glad everything went great for you guys. Yes, God is good all the time. Remember...I left the garage door up with my purse in the car and He sent two HUGE German Shepards to watch it and we've never seen them since! We sure missed our dear friends! Let's get together soon!
Post a Comment