Monday, September 10, 2007

Nine on the Ninth

It was a weekend for celebration. Matthew turned nine on the ninth. He got a fun day at Mr. Gatti's Pizza with all of his loved ones. I can't believe that he is now nine! He was born at 11:27 pm and weighed 7 lbs 1 oz and was 21 inches long. I was in labor only 3 hours with him, but it was a LOOONNNGG three hours because the epidural stopped working. He was a good baby, and a thumb sucker until he turned 5. His favorite toy was his Daisy Duck, He had about 10 of them. We were constantly having to replace them once they were too worn out for me to repair. He hated TV until he was about 4. Up to that point getting him to sit in front of a TV was impossible. He was a happy toddler. Now he is nine. He loves Lego's, playing the gameboy/cube, and family time (he is always the one asking for a "game/movie night". He is a kind child. He doesn't like to see any one hurting. How the years have grown him. I love being with him. I love watching him laugh, I love watching him be a child. I hate that soon enough he will no longer be a child, but I pray that he will always maintain those things in his life that make him so special. Therefore it was of utmost importance that we made sure his day had it all...
lots of smiles

And of course what is a birthday without
birthday wishes


Wishes are followed closely by...presents!


BUT the most important part of the day, what we wanted him to have
more than anything was...FUN!


"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven. A time to weep and a time to laugh..." Ecclesiastes 3: 1, 4

5 comments:

~Shade of my Heart~ said...

He's 9???? Are you serious!?!?!?! I was looking through my photo album and just saw his baby announcement! My, how time has flown! What a precious little boy he has grown in to! But.. wait.. what's a Lubbokite doing with a LONGHORN shirt???

Mommahen said...

Yep, he's nine. And speaking of photo albums, I still have his certificate from the "Dry Thumb Asociation". I found it in the move. That certificate and the love that went into it mean so much to me. Thank you.

And as for the longhorn shirt--we pray for deliverance every day. And when I get REALLY bummed about it I simply remind myself that at least it's not A&M.

Sarah said...

I can't believe I forgot! I told him I was sorry and he was very forgiving. Looks like fun was had by all!

Gayla said...

I'm sorry I missed the fun but I'm sure Matthew enjoyed my children more than he would have me! :)

I still remember the night he was born my dear sister! Yes, I did see a side of you (or heard a side of you) that I don't ever care to hear again! :)

Mommahen said...

Ha Ha Ha. I may have sounded like a woman possessed, but I tell you what when I asked the doctor if I could push she didn't deny me!

And while Matthew enjoyed your children I surely missed you, BUT I hope you had some good study time.