Thursday, November 15, 2007

I feel like a woman?!?!!

Last night I did something that I have not done in a LOOONNNGGG time. I had a night out with the girls. My dear sweet sister-in-law had an extra ticket to see the Trans-Siberian Orchestra and invited me to join her and her friend.
At first, it was just going to be the concert, but yesterday afternoon they decided to go to dinner beforehand. She called and invited me to dinner. I told her that I felt obligated to help my hubby prepare dinner for our church so I would just meet them in time for the concert. After I got off the phone, Chris told me to call her back and tell her I would join them. I felt like I skipping out on my "priorities". But he convinced me and I went.

I got as dressed up as my wardrobe allowed me and enjoyed dinner at Red Lobster and had real adult conversation. I didn't even have to take anyone to the bathroom, or cut their food! It was quite liberating.

The concert performers certainly gave us our money's worth. It started at 7:30 and was not over until almost 10:30. I thoroughly enjoyed myself, and my brother-in-law actually got really good seats for us ladies. When I came home I felt refreshed and ready to face today with a renewed sense of energy. I felt like a woman again.

But here it is noon and I have my niece and nephew who have an extra supply of curiosity today, and my son sleeps in the other room, after I had to go pick him up from school. I have two laundry hampers full of clothes to wash, I have a church fundraiser that I have to help with if my son is to get any credit, and on and on and on.

But I realized something, both are womanly things, one is just so much more fun than the other. I think I need to make the effort to take more time for fun things more often. After all, if I hadn't had a night out last night I might be crying right now instead of blogging. And yep, I still feel like a woman.

2 comments:

~Shade of my Heart~ said...

You ARE woman hear you roar! Isn't it fun? Our Mommy duties are never done... nor do they even really take a break!

Sarah said...

You deserved it!