This year was no exception. The thankfulness started on Tuesday afternoon. I had three very excited boys glad that there was a break, but as excited as they were, I think I was even more excited! Knowing we now had a small break was, well, a much needed break.
Then on Wednesday someone who has become much more than a weekly visitor into our lives
took my children and gave me and Chris some time to ourselves. It's so rare that we get time alone (especially in the evening hours) that we did not know what to do with ourselves. We ended up enjoying dinner together and then went Christmas shopping. All the while my kids were (in their opinions and mine too) with a really cool adult eating pizza, watching movies, and playing with her dog. Of course her dog probably thought it was torture having three loud boys invading her space and time with her owner. But I was reminded on Wednesday of how lucky we are to have Sarah in our lives.
Thursday we enjoyed thanksgiving dinner. I ate more than I needed to, but it was so nice to have our family around the table all healthy and hungry. It was nice knowing we had the resources to fill those hungry bellies. After lunch we continued our yearly tradition by going to the movies. We laughed and cried as we pondered the meaning of life and death (literally) through the movie "Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium". I was reminded of how we are making every moment a memory, but the question is what kind of memory? I pray that my boys will have more good than bad.
Then the weekend brought us some down time and all day pj time. Who doesn't love that?! Chris was off from Tuesday through Friday and it was WONDERFUL! The restaurant industry can sometimes be a cut throat one, but I feel blessed that Chris has this job. He has had more time off in the past year than he has had all previous 12 years of our marriage combined. It's a gift to have him here to make memories with us.
I could go on and on about all I am thankful for, and I think I will (only not in this post). But I am a reader of another blog that talks about 1000 Thanks. The author has challenged her readers to find 1000 things to be thankful for. Over the coming months I will be posting everyday things I am thankful for. I encourage you to do the same. What are you thankful for? Let me know...let HIM know.
And I wish you many more full holidays.

2 comments:
The Santos Family are at the top of my list of things to be thankful for. How was I ever to know what a gift God gave me in you guys!
Did you just need to rub that victory in some more????? You guys know what you mean to us and we're looking forward to lots more memories (and game nights where Chris and I can participate!)
Post a Comment