
We woke up this morning to a rather overcast sky. As I drove the younger two to school I commented on how dark the skies looked, as if it might rain. Matthew immediately replied "YES!!! We need the rain. It has not rained in so long." I said a prayer out loud right then and there asking for LOTS of rain. I kid you not, less than one city block later it began to sprinkle--big drops. By the time we were at school it was heavy enough to require the use of my wipers. It's now nine a.m. and it JUST stopped raining after almost two hours. Noah was giddy as we walked into the school this morning. Not so much at the rain, although that was pretty exciting in his book, but he was amazed at how quickly God answered our little prayer. He witnessed God's faithfulness. And I know when Noah prays for God to take his eczema away forever that he will know, he will believe, God hears him. After all, if God heard our prayers for rain, such a small thing, how can He not do the bigger things--why would He NOT do the bigger things? But what blesses me even more than the answered prayer was Matthew's attitude at seeing the clouds. He already thanked God for the rain before even the first drop fell.

WOW! That is faith. How many times do I see something on my horizon and instead of walking in thankfulness for it's approach I sit and wring my hands in fear of it heading off in another direction? Or how many times do I fail to pray for something because I think "Oh God has too many other things to do. He won't have time for my little problem?" God uses my boys everyday to remind me of who HE is. And I serve a God who is able to give more than I could ever ask or imagine. I pray the next time you see the rain approaching on the horizon that you too would be able to say Thank you--knowing there's more to come.
1 comment:
Wow... you are awesome!
And that's why you "Make My Day!"
I've tagged you.. come see.
http://texan6.blogspot.com/2008/04/angel-made-my-day.html
i love you, my friend!
Post a Comment