Spring Break came and went with out so much as a mention, Easter came and went in a silent observation, and now soccer is in full swing and there will be no stopping until the end of the season. I love to take pictures of my bunch. Sometimes they get tired of my picture taking as there always seems to be a camera in their face. But I don't have lots of memory books to look through and reminisce about my childhood. I want that to be different for my boys. And yeah, someday they may all sit down together and say "Remember posing for that picture, and that one, and that one?"
The beginning of our spring break mini trip at Carlsbad. We started at the Natural Cave Entrance and this is the spot where the bats fly out in the summer. They've already asked to go back for that.
For the most part Noah handled the 5 hour walk like a champ. But when he couldn't take another step his daddy was there to help him along. This is one of my favorites, as it shows the two of them truly enjoying the moments.Some of the natural wonders we saw...this one is called the

Some spots were super low, Mark wanted to reach, We had to duck.
The boys did really great on their fishing expedition. Mark was so excited to have finally caught his first fish only 3 hours, and 5 worms later. Then Chris had to explain to Noah why he could not touch this one. It was a yellow bellied catfish (I believe) and Chris was
This is Noah's first year ever to play soccer. You can tell in the first picture that 1) they are SERIOUSLY discussing the technicalities of the game and 2) it is a good thing this is not basketball as all the other players have a SERIOUS height advantage over him.
And as usual he managed to poop out after it was all over. How blessed I am to have a husband who is always there to lift my babies up in his arms and carry them to rest. Happy Spring Break, Happy Easter, and happy times to you all!
2 comments:
You are such an awesome mom and the boys are blessed! Happy Easter, my friend!
I thought those stalagtites looked familiar . . . So you went to Carlsbad for Spring Break! That's where I grew up and have been known, on occasion, to put in an appearance. Once a year. I hope you enjoyed the Caverns. I haven't been in about 10 years and a lot had changed in it then. Can't imagine what it's like now. Oh, Elaine! How I love your posts and tales of your family! I love your prayer and your heart for Him! Thank you for sharing so much of your life!
Post a Comment