Soccer is always fun. I love watching Mark play. He's got an encouraging coach, and Mark is a really awesome mid-fielder. Matthew has become a great defender and certainly uses those long legs to his advantage. And Noah, well it was a loooong season for him. BUT the last two games he played like a champ! In fact, the last game he had to play all four quarters and was even knocked down, but he popped right back up (like one of those carnival games where you have to shoot the target down) and never shed one tear. I was more proud of that than the fact that he scored a goal in his very first game.
But the party was really the best part of the day--the busiest--but the best. As has been the theme for the last 4 birthdays Nemo was our choice of cake toppers, and goody buckets, and plates, and toys. This was Noah's first "friend" party. And it was our first home party. Our other home was never big enough to invite everyone over. This year we had all of Noah's friends over and there was plenty of room. It was the best! And one of the moms even volunteered to take pictures for me so I would not miss one moment. I can't thank Michelle enough for those priceless memories.
More than anything though I can't believe my baby is six. I remember his birth like it was yesterday. I maintained composure best through his birth. I walked myself up to the nurses station while my hubby parked the van. I was not the bride of Satan this time (Gayla you would have been proud) and was even able to breathe through this labor until the amazing anesthesiologist came and gave me my epidural.
Noah was my biggest baby at 7 1/2 pounds. He joined our family perfectly. He was always smiling as a baby and loved the camera. He walked later--15 months, and loved pulling Matthew's hair (Matthew did not like that so much but let him anyway).
Now he is kind (to most everyone but his brothers). He is a cuddler, and talk about Don Juan. He can really romance you if you let him. He has amazing faith, and such a sweet spirit. Never complaining about much. He had to get blood drawn on his actual birthday and he never questioned it, he wasn't excited but he walked to the room and held out his arm all on his own.
My prayer for you Noah, is that you will see the fruits of your faith just as Joshua and Caleb saw their fruits in the promised land. I pray that you will know the joy of a partner who will love you as much as you love her.
"I pray that you will always see people as creations of God. I pray that you will always see your problems as opportunities to see Him at work. I pray you will face new challenges with joy and courage. I pray that you will aways be kind, even to the unkind for that is exactly how God treats us. And lastly I pray you will grow to only be drunk with joy, you will be impassioned only by faith, you will be influenced only by God, and that you will be taught only by Christ." And when you are grown the world will see that truly you belong to Him. I am the luckiest woman in the world for God allowed me to be your mom. Happy Birthday Baby...with prayers for many more.
2 comments:
I hate that we had to miss the party but it looks and sounds as if it was great! Please tell Noah that Clarissa would love a raincheck!
I LOVE being loved on by Noah! He has an amazing gift for making you feel like you are the most important person in his world! My favorite Noah quote, "Miss Sarah, I think I need a hug." Noah's hugs are unrivaled!
Post a Comment