1. I love that you can make me laugh in the middle of an argument. When I was growing up I never saw a lot of humor come from adult disagreements.
2. I love that you still put lotion on my feet before bed.
3. I love that you can't fall asleep unless you are holding me.
4. I love that you enjoy cooking. Because in case you haven't figured it out, I enjoy eating.
5. I love that you never complain when the house is messy.
6. I love that you will help someone regardless of how much it inconveniences you.
7. I love that you let me control the que from Netflix.
8. I love that you let me control the remote (95% of the time).
9. I love that you aren't afraid to buy me clothes.
10. I love that you love Ryleigh so much.
11. I love that you always let me win when we play fight.
12. I love that you are so humble about your abilities.
13. I love that you love me as much today as you did when we got married. Even though I am a couple sizes larger. And things don't stay where they used to. And my hair is going gray.
14. I love that you feel the need to fix things, but I appreciate the fact that you are trying to not to.
15. I love that you will take the boys fishing. Or golfing. Or mowing.
16. I love that you let me sing my heart out no matter how bad I sound.
17. I love that you still miss your sister even though it has been 5 years since you've seen her and honestly you no longer know one another.
18. I love that you're not afraid to try new things even though they scare me to pieces.
19. I love that because of your occupation we can eat at some really great places for free.
20. I love that you will go to Sheridan's at 11:30 to buy me a hot fudge Sundae or to Rosa's at 10:30 for ice to make me the world's best lime ices.
21. I love that you can't pass a football in Wal-Mart without telling me to go long. Even after we got in trouble.
22. I love that you let me put my cold feet on you in the middle of winter.
23. I love that you love watching Friends as much as I do.
24. I love that you never gave up on us. In those really hard times. In those times when I wanted to throw in the towel.
In those times when we couldn't stand to be in the same room with one another. In those times when the only thing that held us together was everything that was pushing us apart.
I love you. Today. Tomorrow. Always. Even when I am stubborn and don't like the changes we face. Even when I am throwing a tantrum and I accuse you of not caring. Even when I am tired of soccer practices and piled high laundry. Even when I roll my eyes at you. Even when I have to watch the cowboys EV-UH-REE Sunday afternoon. Even when I have a headache.
You are the best of me, you are my best friend. I am glad God placed us together, and I am thankful that He kept us together. I pray for another 13 years with you. Because without you I can't imagine another day. Happy anniversary my love.
4 comments:
Happy Anniversary. You really are building a heritage together. Your boys are so fortunate to have parents that will stick it out when it gets tough.
I loved your list ... sounds like you are very, very, blessed to have such a man.
I love you too, Chris! For all the things you are to Elaine and the boys! I know when the Lord calls you to mind, he smiles with pride!
Elaine, you are pretty cool too! ;)Seriously, though, the two of you have been such a rock to so many around you. Keep building your family on THE rock!
Wow. Thank you very much. But it is not me. God uses Elaine to bring out the best in me. And that means that I am the one who is blessed.
Elaine you make me sound better than what I am. Thank you for my three wonderful (most of the time) boys and the last thirteen years. Look forward to many more years.
Love you my "Sweat" heart.
You guys are such a wonderful example.. this is my favorite post of your blog! Hope things are going well in lubbock texas..
I'm glad NOah likes this.. I will try real hard to keep this updated... i need to write more words and not just pics.. you have great stories that are addicting to read...
love ya'll
Post a Comment