Sunday, August 17, 2008

Overflowing

There is now one week before school starts. Most of the time these last two weeks are a sort of quiet chaos as the boys are readjusting to bed times, I am sorting and labeling a million school supplies, and we are generally trying to reintegrate back into the real world of schedules. But, this past week was a blessing. It was certainly a refreshing week. God reminded us (me) in this last stretch before school starts of how much we are loved. That we are not forgotten.

I am blessed to be a part of some amazing women's lives. As "unofficial nursery director" of our church nurseries, I am responsible for hiring and supervising our paid staff. Over the last 6 years we have really had some great girls come through our doors. The sad part about that is, eventually they will walk right back out as life and their degrees take them off to pursue their dreams.

However, this week, I got to see one of my old staff members. Shenel is such a beautiful person inside and out. She left us almost two years ago after she graduated from the nursing program at Tech. We have thought of her often and miss her sweet light hearted spirit and beautiful smile. Noah especially bonded with her and when her Christmas card came in with a picture he immediately took her picture and would not let me put it in the photo album. It is such a blessing to know my children have managed to touch other adults--to become part of their hearts. Seeing Shenel also made me feel as though I have some significance. She took time out of her busy weekend finalizing school plans (she's going back) to come see us. How blessed are we?!

Then, here at home someone who is always available at the drop of a hat is another adult who has influenced my children. Sarah started out simply as a tutor to Matthew. I never knew the depths of which we would come to love her. It's been a busy summer for her as she has fixed up her new house, and counseled at church camp. But this Thursday she managed to find time for us. And man did we take her time! She visited with us, loved on the boys, and spoke of greater things--the things of God--with me, and she renewed me.

HOW LUCKY ARE WE?! My children have since the day they were conceived blessed me. But I never knew they would bless my life this way, by bringing these amazing adults into my life. I get to know them and love them because my children know them and love them. God is so good. He reminds us on a regular basis of how much He loves us. Truly our hearts are overflowing.

It is my prayer that you too would know how much God loves you this week. Maybe it's been a rough go of things lately, maybe you have a case of the blah's. Nothing seems to be going right, another summer has slipped through your fingers and so many things are still left on your family to do list. Maybe you haven't felt like much of a blessing. Well, let me tell you that you are a blessing to me! And I am glad you came by. You are always welcomed here. And if you have already seen His love in your life, through someone/something then share it with me. Tell the whole world how blessed you are!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can imagine some of the blessings Sarah has been in your lives because I know what a blessing she has been to me. She such a good hearted woman and shares that heart unselfishly.

What I really like is how the blessings spill over into the lives of others. Because of Sarah I got to meet your family and have been able to reap some of the blessings of your spirit.

I'm glad that you have some wonderful people in your life.

Mommahen said...

Oh Paige you are too sweet with your words.

And I completely agree. The blessing of Sarah in Matthew's life spilled over into mine, and my family's.

My pastor's wife always says she's blessed to be a blessing. I I feel the same. God's blessing me, and I hope I can be a blessing to others.