Monday, August 4, 2008

Update Monday

I really should be working on the laundry, or making lunch. But neither one of those things are as much fun as recalling memories.

We went on vacation July 22 and were gone through July 27. We had loads of fun. Our trip took us to San Antonio through Austin and Ft. Worth to Grapevine. Every leg of the way we laughed and made "remembrances".

Every time I make memories with my children I feel a kind of connection to Mary, the mother of Jesus. I know it sounds far fetched, but stick with me for a minute here. When Jesus was born and the shepherds were coming to see Him, and telling everyone they saw about the birth, the bible says "Mary treasured these things in her heart." Yes, she birthed the Christ child into the world, but she was still His mother. I wonder how many other things she treasured in her heart as Jesus grew.

So that is why reminiscing always makes me think of Mary. Because this mother treasures a lot as well...join me and view our trip through my memories...
My bunch was RTG! (Ready to go)
Our first stop at Sea World was of course to feed the dolphins. My nephew Jordan was taken aback when these guys came up to get their breakfast. He never waited for them to get too close, and then just to be safe, he would throw the fish out into the tank away from himself. So this was the best shot I got of him "Feeding" the dolphins.

Next, we had to make sure we saw the VIVA! show. It is one of our favorites as the actor/acrobat puts all he has into the show. The boys were soaked by the time the pre-show was over.
I am amazed at how lightning fast these pacific bottle nosed dolphins are. So I was pleasantly surprised that the camera even caught this little speed demon!

We got to meet the main star (in our opinions). And got a picture with him. But I am so sad because in our star struck state we forgot to ask him his name. We really do love to watch him perform. When we watched the show performed by another acrobat we all walked away feeling empty.
We finally made it over to Shamu stadium. Jordan was ready to see Free Willy. In His opinion we took waaay too long to get there.
The boys took prime seats in the splash zone. We smartly sat several rows up.
I never cease to be amazed by the sheer size of these magnificent creatures.
Chris wants to know why he can't swim if something this big can.
Mark convinced Chris to ride the Great White roller coaster. Chris was very proud that he made it without crying like a girl.
The boys laughed uncontrollably at Cannery Row Capers (even though they once again found themselves drenched).
Who wouldn't laugh at a Sea Lion Wearing glasses?
Or one kissing a trainer?

Their nighttime show is completely different, and they do a parody of a Day at Sea World. "Officer" Seymour and his partner are saluting to the National Anthem at the start of the day .

This trainer is "Riding" a killer whale who is really a Manatee. (Wonder if anyone has told the manatee?)
Day two found us rained out of the park by Hurricane Dolly. We need T-Shirts that say "We survived Hurricane Dolly 2008".

Day three was a repeat of all we did on day one plus seeing the aquarium. Noah is looking longingly into the tank at Dory. (See her in the back ground?)

After three days of being on the go at Sea World Jordan finally gave out and slept through his last Free Willy show. The lady in the background kindly caught him when he fell over. Didn't get her name either.
Chris and I managed to love each other even more on this vacation. We came back glad that we went. Most of the time I am mad at him for not asking directions, he's mad at me for nagging him to ask directions.

This is what Noah did as we traveled through Austin. His blankey felt quite at home on top of his head.

In Grapevine, Chris enjoyed a men's weekend with his family while the boys and I enjoyed the hotel pool.

BUT, who can go to Grapevine without enjoying The Rainforest Cafe?
All in all it was a wonderful vacation. Even the sunsets were more beautiful. And, the week of rest prepared us for a week full of activity at our church's VBS. And what better way to signify the end of a very long post, but by saying "THE END"!

If you made it this far you deserve your own little vacation. Hope yours is as adventurous as ours was.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I love it! I can tell by all the smiles that everyone had a good time!