Friday, July 17, 2009

He can't whistle, but he can eat!

Noah has always done things a little later than my other boys. He did not sleep through the night until he was almost three months. He didn't walk until he was fifteen months old. And loosing teeth also took a bit more time. But this summer he has made a sincere effort to catch up to all of his school friends by losing as many teeth as possible. I thought I would be heartbroken when he started losing teeth, but the truth is I love looking at his little toothless smile, even though I am sad his will be the last one I see. Missing teeth have not squashed his appetite though.
We were eating fried chicken today. Before I knew it he demolished two chicken legs. This completely amazed me since he has no teeth! I asked him how he managed to eat chicken with so many teeth missing. In true Noah style he said, "Easy. Side (tear), chew, chew, gulp." So if you ever end up losing all of your front teeth, just remember, you can eat chicken legs, if you side (tear), chew, chew, gulp!

No comments: