
We finished out our summer with one last trip to Sea World. We've heard at least a dozen times, "You're going to Sea World A-GAIN?!" Well, as a matter of fact, we are. Doesn't make sense for us to buy season passes if we don't intend to go back. We loved it as usual.


Noah played in Shamu's Happy Harbor between shows. He IS under that water fall. It was very hot, but one doesn't hear many complaints when everyone is walking around dripping wet.

Every one's favorite show is the Viva show. It is a show that uses pacific white-sided dolphins and beluga whales. They also have divers in the show. The head diving supervisor has been doing this show for nine years (as long as we've been going). In all the times we've been we've only missed Trevor's performance once. He is a great performer. And Mark has grown up watching him so much that he can imitate him pretty well.

Matthew and Mark both decided to sit in front of the water fountain that Trevor turns onto the audience. Matthew is trying to prevent himself from becoming soaked by Trevor. Don't think your two little hands are much of a match for the hundreds of gallons of water that are about to come your way buddy. But your smile is priceless.
My boys have for years talked about being trainers at Sea World when they grow up. Mark asked Trevor if it felt like work. He replied by saying "well it is a hard job. And there are mornings when you wake up and the muscles are a little stiff, but once you get here and get in the moment and hear the crowd, you forget all of that." We have always been amazed at the animals. Amazed at the bond that is so obvious between them and the trainers. Amazed at God's creation. And I have to remind myself that the same hand that created these breath taking creatures created me.
Whether or not they do become sea world trainers is yet to be seen. But maybe the reason why they believe they can become trainers is because they can see the wonder each time. Their eyes do sparkle during each performance. Their jaws do drop each time the animals leap into the air. And more than anything, I hope they never lose that magic, no matter what they grow up to do.

2 comments:
Oh, that looks like so much fun! Can you believe I've never been to sea world? After reading your post I can see I've missed out on some great fun. What an awesome way to end the summer!
Oh Rachel Anne it IS so much fun! I had never gone before I had kids. I am so glad we went that first time. It gets pretty hot, but when you feel too warm you can always sit in the splash zone and cool off really quick!
Post a Comment