And this will be the summer that I will always remember as the summer Matthew grew up. He's had a chili bowl hair cut since he was old enough to have hair. It just seemed to fit his face so perfectly. But he's going into 5th grade this year. And while he still has a sweet spirit, and enjoys playing with kids, he is growing. He'll be eleven in two weeks. A chili bowl will not always be the best cut for him.
So today I took him and asked him if wanted to try a different style. He's so compliant he replied "Yes, but only if you don't mind." We looked through the books and I let him chose his style. The stylist who's cut his hair for the last three years said "We're trying something new on MATTHEW?!"
Yep. And as soon as she was done I wanted to cry. Not because the style is awful. She did have to even it up so it is shorter than the picture, but she assured us it would grow out by the next time he was ready for a cut. But I wanted to cry because it made him look so grown up. I wondered if I had made a mistake letting him chose a different style. Yesterday he looked like a little boy. Today he looks like a young man. But while I know his hair style may go through many more different changes, I know his heart will forever stay the same. And Matthew, you will always be my baby boy, no matter how you cut your hair.




1 comment:
How grown up he looks!! And yet I had to look closely because I thought that last pictures was Noah! How alike they look with their hair the same! Your boys have always been handsome... they just continue to become more so as they mature!
Post a Comment