Tuesday, January 1, 2008

The Right Time

"Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up." Galatians 6:9

This verse has become my motto over the past month. I am finding it harder to find people eager to work, family members have forgotten the blessings that Christ bestowed upon us, and Satan has used each quiet opportunity in my life to attack.

I truly feel that I might have S.A.D (seasonal affect disorder), because since the winter of 01 I have found it difficult to trudge through the season. I can usually get through til Christmas then find myself on a downward slope during this time. And as much as I tire of the busi-ness of the season, I also welcome it knowing that if I don't have something to keep me busy the quietness of my mind will drive me batty.

So now all the decorations are put up, the front room is back in place, and it feels empty. It feels like a rainy day. You know the kind where you wake up to the sound of rain on the roof and allow it to lull you back to sleep. If I stop for more than 5 minutes I find that my body simply wants to curl up on the couch with all the lights out and sleep.

But I can't do that, I have dinner to make, laundry to wash, children to chauffeur, a nursery to direct, and a family to deal with--I mean love. So the above verse has become my motto. I repeat it when I want to give up one that one person who sits in stubborn refusal. I repeat it when I face people who selfishly seek their own gratification. I repeat it when I want to give up, when I am in those very places of which I complain others being in.

So it is a new year. I have lots of hopes for this year, but I have lots of responsibility that is carrying over from last year. Sometimes that responsibility is more than I imagined--more work, more time consuming, more blessing. I pray that the Lord does not give up on me. I pray that He would continue to use me in spite of my short comings. I pray that I would be a blessing to others, even when I find it hard to accept blessings from anyone else. And I hope the same for you. Because while there is not much that excites me right now, I cling to the end of that verse..."For at the proper time we will reap a harvest...IF WE DO NOT GIVE UP!" Here's to not giving up in 2008.

3 comments:

~Shade of my Heart~ said...

I've taken on your motto, Elaine! This post SOOOO states my feelings so many times this past year. I start to thinkg... what WAS I thinking!!! and where do I fit in in God's plan when I always put my family first. You spoke my mind and put my guilt as ease! I love you, my friend!!!

Sarah said...

What an appropriate reminder. Thanks for sharing it with us. I feel like a big heel for not connecting with you guys over the break. Know I have thought of you often and smiled. Elaine, I truly love you and your family. I am so thankful the Lord put you all in my life. What a blessing indeed!

Sarah said...

Oh, I am planning on seeing Matthew Tuesday. 4:15ish! So excited!!!