Thursday, July 10, 2008

Help!!!

Well, hello my sweet Blog. I know this is early for you (I am usually up for a visit with you late in the evening). I guess I needed some comfort. I sent three of my four men off to camp 9 hours away. Chris took Mark and Matthew to Pryor OK aka Dry Gulch USA. It's a church camp.

He's driving the church van, taking TEN VERY EXCITED kids on a four day adventure. I know, Blog. Can I call you B for short? After all we've become quite close this past year. But I know B, that's a HUGE initiation. But he was up for it. He was excited to go. Let's see if he still has that same view when they stop for lunch today.

I am trying to refrain from calling him too much. I already called him before they were even 2 miles down the road. BUT WAIT. I had a good reason. I saw a pair of his sunshades in the van and I didn't want him to panic looking for them. But he told me that he took another less favorite pair. That was at 7:11. And see, it is eight thirty and I have not called him again.

It was a whirlwind trying to get all three of them packed yesterday. I hope I remembered everything. Chris worked until today. He was off on Sunday but between church that morning and youth fellowship that night, he was busy fixing the A/C in the church van. I know the kids may not appreciate it, or think about it, but when they are silent he will know it is because they are comfortable and not burning up hot. I told him not to freeze them out. But who knows--that may be his secret to keeping them quiet. Turn up the air to turbo speed and make them bundle up.

Matthew cried. I know B, it surprised me too. He's a big daddy's boy, and daddy is going. But he was telling me through the tears that he would miss me. I did good until then, and yep that is when I lost it. I wanted to hug the stuffing out of all of them. I did the boys. But the other parents (and the ten kids) were watching Chris and I, and I did not want to embarrass him. Too much. So I just gave him a million kisses instead.

He's taking my small camera, and my new one is finally ordered so I should have it by this weekend. But I still feel naked without one. So I told him to take care of my camera. A million times. People were telling me I was more concerned with the camera than the kids. Not true. But Chris can't lose the kids. Believe me, he's tried. The camera however, that is a possibility.

Most of the parents were cheering their "freedom" as the church van pulled out. Not me. I came home and tried so hard not to cry. After all, I still have Noah with me. He's been sticking pretty close to me these last couple of hours. I guess this is just a taste of what's to come. But that is okay because I think I will be sticking pretty close to him.

I am sure, B, that I will be back lots more before the weekend is over. I will need you to pull me through. And I have nothing else to do. I can't tell you when I'll be back, as I am sure I will need you in the wee hours of the night AND morning. But thanks for being here. I guess the one good thing about an almost completely empty house is that I can keep it clean. Once I get it there. So maybe I have two things to do now.

Til next time...

4 comments:

Andrew Clarke said...

This is a change of subject from your post, but I found your site when I was looking for Christians who like to read. If you enjoy "The Chronicles Of Narnia" and Frank Peretti's books (which I do too) then may I suggest another title to try? "Outcasts Of Skagaray" might appeal to the same reader interest. For a preview, you can view sample chapters on www.threeswans.com.au If you want to check out another Christian's blog, it is http://threeswans.blogspot.com Feel free to read and comment. It would be a joy to me if you read the novel and enjoyed it, but in any event, I greet you in the Lord.

Gayla said...

My friend.......I'll be right there with you next week. But of course, you tears will have dried up by them. I guess it's a good thing because we may flood this side of town! Feel free to call me if you need something (I'll send Sal) and if your house gets too quiet, I have two that I can loan out for a little while!

Anonymous said...

We'd love to see you Saturday morning if you and Noah need to get out. You know you are both welcome.

I've always been told that being sad when someone leaves is a good sign. It means you have something pretty special ... so there is a blessing in the tears.

-Paige

Mommahen said...

Gayla, you're so sweet to sacrifice your own children to comfort me! What a treasure of a friend you are.
I will remember that next week for you! ;-)

Paige your words brought me close to tears. I AM pretty lucky to have something so special.
Can you remind me of that when the house is a mess and I can't get any help cleaning it?