Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Quirky

Let me just start by saying I am not self centered, but my friend Tracy tagged me, thus the reason for my self absorbed post. Tracy, this one is for you! I am supposed to list 6 quirks I have. I really need therapy as I have a lot more than six, but alas, therapy is not in the budget. So I will simply share six with you, my loyal reader and see if confession really is good for the soul.

1). A couple of years ago on vacation, Noah left his door open on the van while we spent 6 hours at an outlet mall. We had all of our electronics in the van. When we got back nothing was gone THANK GOD. Then about a month later, we left the house and left the front door WIDE open. We returned after dark to find the house safe and secure.

Since then I have this huge paranoia that we have left the van door open in the driveway, or that the house doors are unlocked. I check sometimes three or four times before I go to bed then I sometimes get up in the middle of the night to double check.


2). I don't like to spend money. Not large sums all at once. It's the 15 trips to the store in a week that get us. BUT, I will often sit down and budget bills for up to six months in advance.


3). I can't STAND to see a movie before I read the book. As a result, I did not see Chronicles of Narnia until it was out on DVD for over 6 months. I am working on Prince Caspian now.


4). I WILL NOT eat anything if it is past it's date. Prime example: lunch meat. If you read on the package it usually says use within seven days of opening. If it is day 10 and Chris thinks he can get one more day of lunches out of them I will do without or eat something else all together. I've had food poisoning before and it is not pretty.


5). If the skin on my feet is dry I can not STAND for them to be touched. It sends chills all over me, and not the good kind. Chris has received many kicks when he's tried to touch my feet and they are dry.


6). My hubby has been in the restaurant business for so long that it has caused me NOT to eat at hole in the wall restaurants. No matter how good others say they are. If the front of the building looks as though it could be condemned, and the server has tattoos across their knuckles and missing or grilled teeth do not invite me to join you.

3 comments:

Gayla said...

OK now...you've crossed the line! Number six, my dear, involves some of my relatives I believe! :) And, the lunch meat thing is good to know. The next time we're over and Chris tries to serve me lunch meat and YOU decline, I'll know to follow suit! But yes, we're all quirky and that's why we get along!

~Shade of my Heart~ said...

I am SO with you on 2, 3 and 4!!! I am also very picky when it comes to my books-to-movie choices. If the movie is nowhere near the book, I won't watch it! ie: Hart's War. VERY dissapointing transformation from the book to the movie!
I still think we are twins seperated at birth!!!

Mommahen said...

No offense my sistah from another mistah. I too described some of my own relatives in quirk #6.

And as far as lunch meat, just threw some out last night. Feel free to come for lunch while Chris is out of town this week. ;-)

And Tracy, I could not agree with you more. When we get to heaven the Lord will tell me that the only difference between me and my twin was that she had blue eyes and lived far away from me for many years.