Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

This morning when I wake up, I will have much to be thankful for:

* The supplies to cook a big Thanksgiving meal that will give us enough left overs to carry us over into next week
* The freedom to drive to the store whenever I forget something
* Then means--no matter how tight--to buy said forgotten items
* My health that allows me to breathe, move, function for myself
* The health of my boys that allows them to be independent, loud, and quiet
* The health of my husband that allows him to lift chairs, climb on the roof, rake leaves
* A husband who works so hard to provide food, shelter, clothes and luxuries
* A husband who gives so freely of his time, his money, and his love
* My husbands job that allowed him to have the day off today and that will require his skills tomorrow
* Friends who accept me just as I am even though I am not a carbon copy of them
* Friends who encourage me with their words and deeds to become a better person, the best ME I can me
* The ability to see the changing seasons-- see the leaves fall off trees, after they have turned beautiful reds and yellows--feel the chill in the air
* A home that is safe and warm
* God's Son--My Savior Who accepts me just as I am but loves me too much to leave me this way
* My family who can make me laugh, who knows my heart, who keeps me safe
* A comfortable bed to snuggle up in and rest after a long eventful day
* Luxuries like going to movies and making memories with my family that we will relive for weeks and maybe even years to come
* A van that runs well to get us to the movie theater, to families homes, and all around town
* The ability to give my children their heart's desires like Christmas gifts they really don't need in order to survive
* My digital camera that allows me to capture so many memories
* Forgiveness from family, from friends, from my Savior
* Forgetfulness from family, from friends, from my Savior
* God's Word that encourages me, grows me, admonishes me, strengthens me
* His Peace when money is tight, when schedules are tight, when relationships are strained


I could go on and on, but I think I will share the rest with my Father. I told the boys, today, that we need to carry gratitude with us all year long. Because our blessings aren't given only on Thanksgiving. I hope that you too can find so many reasons every day to be grateful. We are all so blessed. Happy Thanksgiving.

No comments: