Friday, April 10, 2009

What Cost is Priceless?

Lunch with four pre-teens and one teenager: $70.26

A Day at the movies: $89.75



Eternal Friendships: Priceless


Today Mark finally got to celebrate his thirteenth birthday (even though his actual birthday was in March).
I was pleased to see who he's chosen to surround himself with. And his friendship with one particular young man is such a blessing to me. They have been friends literally since Jonathon was born, and no matter what is going on in their lives, they place high value on that friendship. Knowing that is pretty humbling. And I am honored I got to watch it for just a little while today. It is my prayer that Mark would always be surrounded by such loyal, God-loving friends.

"As iron sharpens iron so one friend sharpens another." Proverbs 27:17

Happy Easter! I hope each of you get to experience God's overwhelming love which motivated that day.

5 comments:

Gayla said...

Jonathon had a very good time. Thank you for inviting him and treating him to a fun afternoon. By the way....I think I recognize that front door! If I would have known it was going to be in pictures, I would have cleaned it! It is still so hard to believe that our boys are this age! Where did the little guys go??? Or maybe I should ask...when did the little guys GROW?!

Anonymous said...

Glad they had a good time. I would have loved to have a great friendship with someone who I grew up with since birth. How fun to go through the different (and even awkward) stages together. hehe

Happy belated birthday to Mark.

Thanks for praying for Norm. We're still waiting...

Have a fantastic weekend.

L2L said...

How sweet. Give the birthday boy a big hug!!!! Going to keep this birthday celebration idea in mind for my eldest son's birthday in September. Looks like all had a great time!!!!

Mommahen said...

Gayla, I am so glad Jonathon enjoyed himself! There were four other people there and Mark did a good job of "entertaining" all of them, but the heart bond he and Jonathon shared was overwhelmingly obvious.

And I think your door is mighty clean enough--it caught the reflection of the ugly person taking the picture!

Joyce I had one friend I grew up with in school. If she was absent I was lost. She showed me ballet, and Ruidoso. I am glad her family gave me so many opportunites.

L2L it was a lot of fun. The kids were all so well behaved. I left Mark's younger siblings with a great friend, and we did not sit with the kids at lunch or the movies. I know he's getting older and wanting a bit more independence. I think they all enjoyed it.

Rachel Anne said...

I didn't realize you and Gayla were friends! How cool!!

The birthday celebration looks like it really WAS priceless. I'm also grateful for good friends for my kids...it makes all the difference in the world. (and good parents of the good kids :)