Thursday, May 21, 2009

What was THAT supposed to mean?!

This is a very random post full of twists and turns. Follow at your own risk.

Several years ago, a church friend of ours got married on New Year's Eve. I tend to be a bit of sap anyway and thought..."how wonderful it would have been to start out a new year the same time you're starting out a new life." The ceremony was in a small historical chapel, and was decorated simply but beautifully. I attended the reception with 50 other new close friends at the brides house. Nothing too over the top. I remember the evening every New Year's Eve but I don't really recall the day any other time.

Last night I came home from church and told Chris I was hungry. Really hungry. And I'm not quite sure why. I had a hearty dinner. So I made myself a sandwich. But I still felt the gnawing hunger pangs. So I just went to bed. That's when my night got interesting.

Our church is doing a vow renewal service on June 7th. Last night the children going to church camp had a bake sale. Cupcakes were fifty cents, but one sweet friend paid much more for two cupcakes and doubled our profit. We are going on vacation to Sea World and Corpus this summer. I have a cousin who lives just outside San Antonio. Chris also has an uncle that live just outside of San Antonio, but when he tried to call him about our trip he couldn't find his number. All of this information is important to my story.

So I went to bed. I fell asleep and dreamt that the New Year's Eve couple decided to renew their vows, but wanted a big reception this time. In my dream Wal-Mart had a banquet room in the front of their store (where the bathrooms are located) that they rented out for special occasions. So, all of the couple's friends went to Wal-Mart dressed in the their formals to enjoy a banquet, where the meal was chicken spaghetti and tostada chips. I walked in the room and saw a friend from high school sitting at the table with the generous bake sale donor. We all enjoyed our plates of tostada chips and chicken spaghetti. From there my husband decided we would leave. We hopped into my cousin's truck--who wasn't even in attendance at the banquet.Maybe she was shopping in Wal-Mart. And got lost in the middle of the country-which looked more like a desert. We were off the highway in the middle of a field when all of a sudden we drove up on an apartment complex--smack dab in the middle of this field. I realized I was sitting on my cousin's phone, and she had 96 missed calls. Her family was looking for her and her truck. Chris asked me if I was going to call them back, but I said I couldn't because I didn't have their number (all while I am holding my cousin's phone). But in the mean time hes gets out of the truck and approaches one lone girl he sees walking through the complex. He asks her for help. She agrees and in the process we find out she is a graduate student but never took any physical education hours so now she is having to take like twelve hours of physical education and she feels stupid for being in the classes with a bunch of teeny boppers who are simply blowing the class off while she is seriously trying to graduate. So, in order to help her study for these difficult classes, she rigged her car to drive on it's own. AND she's attached a saw horse on wheels to the back so she can basically sit back there and study with the wind blowing through her hair while the car is driving itself. So she tells us she will get us back to town, but she is going to follow us (As I was telling Chris my dream he said it was probably a good thing she was following us if she was riding on a saw horse). We start back into town and the buildings look like an amusement park. But Chris starts to slow down and the girl on the saw horse rear ends us. We all get out of the truck: Chris, the bake sale donor, my high school friend, and myself. We go around to see papers flying all over the highway because in the crash the saw horse girl lost her notebook. Just as I get to the saw horse someone is tapping on my arm. The tapping doesn't stop. I finally give into it and realize it is Matthew waking me up to tell me it is 7:10, and we've over slept.

When they left and I re-told the story to Chris it cracked me up. I am big on dream meanings and tried all day to figure out what it meant. Tonight I know. It means that if you go to bed with your tummy growling you will wake up feeling a little loopy. So tonight I am enjoying my pizza, and cupcakes, and milk. And I bet, I just bet I sleep like a log!

4 comments:

Gayla said...

Sounds like to me you sure needed that snack before bed!!! Just in case...I'm having mine tonight! :)

~Shade of my Heart~ said...

How funny!!! I always look forward to your blogs! They are always so funny!!! :-D

Penny Chapa said...

LOL!!! Too too funny! First, I'm surprised walmart doesn't have a banquet hall in their store since they have everything else. I have actually considered doing a nice reception down the road (10 year anniversary+) but NOT at walmart! Secondly, maybe you were craving spaghetti and/or tostada chips (which wouldn't be my meal of choice for this reception, btw). Finally, maybe you need to get a PE degree or learn how to make a car like that! In any case,if your body wants a snack, eat a snack! ;)

Mommahen said...

Penny, I am quite impressed with your analysis of my dream!! I think you should get a physcology degree. And are you sure you don't want to have a reception at Wal-Mart? We could do a Where the Heart is II. Of course you could play Natalie Portman's role this time.


And you're right Gayla I REALLY needed that snack before bed! Can you still call it a healthy snack if you comsume it before bed?!

Tracy, I am so glad you find humor in my life. Sometimes it's hard to see it when you're up to your neck in it! I love you stopping by. :)