Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Important Public Safety Notice

Tomorrow we will embark on an adventure never before undertaken by the family of Saints. We will go camping. Real. Camping. Staying in a tent camping. Cooking all our meals over an open fire camping. Walking to a restroom several yards away camping. I am excited but just a bit nervous as well. My husband was a one year scouting participant, me never. We actually even set the tent up in the back yard just to be sure we could do it once we got there. We are only supposed to be gone for two days, and plan to be back in our little hometown in time to enjoy our local fireworks display. So...if you are reading this and it is sometime after the 4th and there are no new postings, I ask that you send out a search party, because chances are...we got lost somewhere between the campsite and the restroom and we're still carrying our toilet paper around tying it to tree branches trying to find an exit route. Thanks.

2 comments:

Gayla said...

God Bless You!!! Sal took me camping at Palo Duro one year, the first week of July.....was supposed to stay 2 nights,......liked to have killed ourselves putting up the tent......thought I would die from heat stroke that night......poured Sea Breeze all over my body just to try and cool off......Sal killed a HUGE tarantual outside our tent........needless to say....we didn't make it but one night. He swore he would NEVER go camping with me again and 18 years later, he has held true to his word and I am so thankful for that! Hope you guys had fun!!!!

Katherine@Raising Five said...

And you were able to get the tent back into the bag after you put it up? You are better than we are!!

The last time we went camping like that was eight years ago. I had four kids under seven and thought I was going to have a nervous breakdown when the baby started crying in the night, waking up all our camping neighbors...and just in time for a huge storm that soaked our tent...

The next time, we borrowed an RV, and THAT was AWESOME!!

Hope you had fun!! I'll keep an eye out for the TP...

Love,
Katherine