Do you believe in your kids? Then show up. Show up at their games. Show up at their plays. Show up at their recitals. It may not be possible to make each one, but it’s sure worth the effort...
Do you believe in your friends? Then show up. Show up at their graduations and weddings. Spend time with them. You want to bring out the best in someone? Then show up. ~Max Lucado
Oh Dear Lord, help me to be that kind of parent, spouse, friend. One that shows up. How many times have I felt so lonely even when I am surrounded by people. I know I feel that way because there are times when I bottle everything up. Those days when everything that could go wrong does. The day the kids tell me, as they are eating breakfast, that they are out of clean socks--and need some like now. The day the lady at Wal-Mart cuts in front of me because she thinks I am holding the line for someone else when I am really trying to purchase a gift card. The day when I have plans and the other person backs out. The BIG day that comes and goes and no one calls to see how it went. Instead of releasing it, I tend to hold it in until I explode. Then I feel like no one understands. Help me to become the type of person I seek--for others--the one who sees others hurt, who reaches out to comfort, who helps carry that load. I know how badly I need that-Lord help me to give that to someone else. And as I seek to offer comfort, give me comfort as well.
1 comment:
You have shown up for me since we first met. You teach me much through your example of what it means to be a mom and a friend. I am blessed and better because God saw fit to make you my friend!
Love you, my friend!
Post a Comment