And, as well as everyone did the first week, we were all eager to have a three day weekend. We enjoyed it to the fullest. It started out with a day at the opening game of the season.

After the first touchdown occurred, it started to feel like fall already!

And, even though he curses the turf they play on, we found our little Longhorn secretly lifting his guns up. I HAD to document this moment.

And here is the real reason people come to the game. Go FireEaters!

But some people also come to see this man, Michael Crabtree, score. We enjoyed our time at Jones Crab Shack! 

Sunday was a nice family get together. Having a place to laugh makes the rough times more bearable.
And these ladies can make me laugh.

Matthew was a part of the mass birthday celebration. 

I can't believe my baby is fixing to hit double digits!

And of course what is a get together unless the men can reminisce about football. Keep wishing boys. Every body's got to have a dream.

Tomorrow we will get back into the routine again. Seventy-six days left! I hope to make the most of them all!
4 comments:
"Fire Eaters???" Are they no longer the "Goin' Band?" I'm SOOO jealous! I wish I could go to a game again! As for your little longhorn.. I'm sad to say I only own UT shirts now. It's SO hard to find TT shirts in this UT-Country!!! AUGH!!!
I envy your "laughter," my friend!
Oh my fellow fire eater, how I thought of you when the band took the field. When I started the Tech band an upper classman told me that they called the trombones fire eaters b/c they were right up front in the line of fire. I was SO proud of that name. And you can't see it too well, but true to their name, the trombones are up front this year too! But yes, it is still called the Goin' Band.
But I have to say that I was kind of saddened by the half time show. It took all of 6 minutes. Remeber our shows--they lasted almost the entire half time. But it was still overwhelmingly nostalgic nonetheless. I LOVE the football games. And I miss you each time. Love ya my fellow t-bone sister. EOIF!
I didn't know you were at the game. We were too!
I wish I would have known! I would have sent Matthew over there to see you! I was so proud of him he managed to last until half time before he pulled out his gameboy!
We had really good seats. Section 107. I loved it! I hope to make it back to as many more as possible.
Post a Comment