Monday, January 22, 2007

Need a laugh?

Well, my day has been a bit hectic. Nothing just massively overwhelming, but sometimes all that little stuff can really add up. I DID get my children to school on time--Yeah! That is always a good thing. BUT since Chris did not get home until one a.m. and I had to get up at 6:30 I was exhausted. I can not ever sleep when I know he is on the road--even if it is a local drive. Noah was not too happy about the early wake up time today either. So when we came home after dropping the boys off, he wanted a nap. The great thing about Noah taking a nap is that he likes me to take one with him. And hey, who could resist that? So we crawled into mommy's bed and cuddled up and fell asleep. Not so bad thus far right? Well, we get up and the mailman sticks my mail in the garage! I have a slot in the garage door, but it was here when we moved in. I like the mailbox on the house. Apparently he doesn't. So here I go out to the garage to retrieve my mail. I almost tripped over the Christmas tree that has not been put back in the attic yet. Then my mail contains a credit card bill that stated I was late on my payment for last month. OH NO THEY DIDN'T! So here I go digging for my receipt (It was a store card and I paid it in the store). I am kind of neurotic that way and I still have receipts for back to school clothes. So now I have a HUGE mess of receipts and I still can't find proof that I made the payment. After 30 minutes of digging I FINALLY found it. It was not until then that I called the credit card company. I wanted to be prepared before I got some rep who asked if I still had my receipt. But guess what--after I called Little Miss Automated told me that my payment HAD in fact been received and I only owed 1/4th of what my statement said. Well that was a relief except for that fact that now I have a HUGE mess of receipts to clean up. Got that done and Noah is now telling me that he is DYING of starvation--"when is breakfast?" He means lunch. Pizza Rolls he wants. No I can't microwave them--he wants them crispy. Great another 20 minutes to pre-heat the oven. PLUS, I am still trying to tackle the few of loads of laundry I have managed to wash. AH! The oven beeped, it is ready to cook the pizza rolls. After lunch there was a little time to straighten the living room. Got it done. Now it was time to pick the boys up from school. I was driving down the street and when I slowed at the intersection the force of gravity forced the sheet of ice off the roof of my van that had been on there since the sleet and freezing temps. NOW I have a large sheet of ice covering my windshield. As I am making it to the main intersection I turn on my wipers to try and, well, wipe the ice off. But I guess windshield wipers don't remove 1/2 inch thick sheets of ice. But I need it removed--I can't see. So I roll down my window and stick my hand out. Apparently the woman in the lane next to me didn't like me weaving to the stop light as I tired to remove the ice. I guess I interrupted her as she was READING HER BOOK! I still couldn't reach far enough out to get a good grip on it to take it off. So I turned my defrost on high hoping it would melt it some while I am sticking my head out the window to drive. Not sure why dogs find that so appealing. It wasn't until I got to the boys school that I was able to lift the wipers and take the ice out from under them. And I have already had so much trouble with those wipers that I was not about to be rough. BUT I GOT IT, AND my wipers still work. So here comes Matthew and he is telling me all about his day. 96 on the spelling test and 93 on dictation. YEAH! He's just rambling on and on--like he always does after school. Sometimes I wonder if his teacher tapes his mouth shut through out the day so that he feels so compelled to talk to me after school. After about 10 minutes and no Mark, Matthew asks why we are still parked. Um,do you not remember you have a big brother? Um, do you not remember he has running club on Mondays? So now let me take a line from Peanuts....AAAUUUUUGGGGGHHHH! Now I am home for 45 minutes (it would have been an hour had I remembered) before I have to go back to pick Mark up. The good thing about today... they are eager to watch Akeelah and the Bee so they are working hard on homework and chores. But wait I smell something burning...It wasn't burning. It was BURNT! Mark cooked popcorn to eat while watching the movie and he burnt it. BUT what is worse than my house smelling and my microwave smelling is that he was making his brothers (and himself) EAT THE BURNT POPCORN. Matthew is quick to tell me that it just doesn't SMELL burnt but it TASTES burnt too, BUT he has the most eaten out of his bowl. Now I will throw the stuff away and try to remove the smell from my house--tomorrow. Today I am going to bed and will make sure to get up on the other side in the morning. Anyone have any suggestions on how to remove the smell? If you do I'll leave the door open!

2 comments:

Gayla said...

A strong Yankee candle and more popcorn of course, just not burnt! And about that sheet of ice...have you ever heard of pulling over BEFORE your destination????? At least your tree has made it out of the house...mine has been stashed in the playroom!

Sarah said...

I can't help you with the smell, but I have to say that made me laugh out loud!!