"My home is God's garden therefore I must till it well. Removing the weeds of strife, planting seeds of love, watering with sprinkles of laughter, and fertilizing with food of His word." Elaine
Wednesday, January 24, 2007
NO I DON'T KNOW!
Today the baby had to have two fillings on his teeth. He has severe eczema and his skin is constantly dry. The dentist said that this could also contribute to his cavities. It is possible that he is not producing enough saliva to rinse out the sugars in his mouth (causing it to stay excessively dry) thus creating cavities. My older two do not have any. So here I take him to the doctor today to get two of the four cavities filled. The Dr. tried the laughing gas on him at first, but Noah would not breath through his nose unless his mouth was closed--impossible to do when having dental work done. So he numbed it with the nasty tasting gel, then gave Noah two shots of Novocaine! Before he gave him the shots (and before I saw the needle) I naively asked him, "is this a painful process?" He looked at me and said "it's a filling--you know what it is like to get a filling." I said "NOOO, I don't know. I have never had any fillings. I have good teeth." He looked quite shocked. I almost thought about opening my mouth to show him. He said, "Oh I am sorry I did not realize you were not familiar with the procedure." Noah was such a trooper, but as he laid there in that big chair holding his cabbage patch doll with his eyes squeezed shut I wanted to rip him up and say NO! NOT MY BABY! But his daddy was so proud of him that he promised to take him to the store when he got off of work so Noah could buy whatever he wanted (within the ten dollar limit). Of course Noah let us love on him like crazy after it was over because his cheek was still fat. "The Doctor left the balloon in it." Noah told us. That is what the Dr. told him he was putting in his cheek, instead of telling him he was getting a shot. He has two marks on his jaw where the injections went. And next Wednesday he will go back to get the other side done. I have brushed his teeth since he got teeth to brush, but I could not keep him from developing cavities. But I will be sure to do everything I can to prevent him from going back. This means no fruit roll-ups or gummy bears--the pure sugar extracts. He did ask "can I still have donuts, because they have sweet in them too." And this reminds me of my walk on this earth. The Lord can speak to me all I allow Him to, and He can prepare me as much as I will let Him. But when Satan had me in the throws of decay and rotten-ness Jesus stepped up and did what I wanted to do for Noah and He said NO! NOT MY BABY! He paid the ultimate price. And seeing what it cost Him, am I quick to do all I can to keep the decay from coming back? Do I read His word like I need to? Do I praise Him as often as I should (with every breath)? Do I seek Him in prayer as much as my spirit craves? I know where Noah was and where he can be again and I do not want him to go through that again. Just as Christ knows where I was and where I can be again. He doesn't want to see me there again. Am I listening? Forgive me for taking for granted all that you have saved me from. The process to clean me up was painful yet in my moments of self indulgence, just like Noah with the donuts, I forget the pain it caused. Lord help me every day to brush the decay away, help me reach the hard spots. I want my life to sparkle with the testimony of your mercy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Elaine, it is amazing to me how you see the hand of the Lord in everything. What an example you are to all of us!
Post a Comment