"My home is God's garden therefore I must till it well. Removing the weeds of strife, planting seeds of love, watering with sprinkles of laughter, and fertilizing with food of His word." Elaine
Monday, January 15, 2007
Really!?
While most of my life is filled with caring for my children. Sometimes I find myself caring for older family members who ACT like children, and I'm not talking from a mental disease such as Alzheimer's or dementia either. And while I sometimes feel as though I am too busy to deal with such childish behavior from grown adults (I get enough of it from the REAL children in my life), at the end of the day I realize that these moments are just opportunities for growth presented from the Lord. They aren't packaged as I'd like though. It sure would be nice if my Father came to me and said "sweet beautiful daughter" (because He does think I'm beautiful ya know), I have some growing in...this fill in the blank area that I think you should do. Are you interested? Then I could say, not really today Lord, you know I have socks to wash and I have to patch yet another pair of pants at the knee, and of course balancing my check book is a major priority because I need laundry detergent to wash the sock in. Today I don't want to grow in this fill in the blank area. But it is not a choice on my part is it? What IS a choice is the opportunity to learn from it or to belly ache through the whole process, because then it just makes the growth spurt longer. Not that the Lord ever chooses to extend our growth for His own personal pleasure. But I liken it to the painful experiences my kids endure when I take them to do the monthly grocery shopping and they say "are we almost done? I want to go play the game cube." Sometimes I say "are you almost done yet? I want to go play mommy." But just as my children complain when we get home that they did not get the latest greatest super sugar cereal, I remind them that they did not get it because they were not paying attention. So it is with the Lord when I complain about not getting my blessing, He says "princess you weren't paying attention." Tonight though I will choose not to "RUSH" my Father through this growth spurt. But I do ask Lord that You hold my hand until it's over, and if I try to let go and run ahead, would you remind me that it is always better with you?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Bridge to Terabithia!!!!!! I read this aloud every year to my 3rd graders- to any grade I teach. And I cry everytime in the end!!!! Love that book. It was neat to read your biographical info. My favorite movie is The Count of Monte Cristo, book is Memoirs of a Geisha, song Abide in Me, food ribs, drink sweet tea, dessert strawberry cake. love you! johnnie
Post a Comment