Our conversation went like this:
Noah: Mom there's a boy in our class who eats his boogers.
ME: Now how do you know he eats his boogers--did you see him?
Noah: No L told me.
Now I must interject something very important here. Noah is a bright boy, is very compulsive about staying in the lines when he colors (has been since he was three), he could identify and say most letter sounds by the time he started kindergarten, and has thus far managed to walk the straight and narrow in his 25 weeks of school. But he is kind to all children, never rubbing in his superiority with the crayolas. However, L tends to rub it in.
She leaned over to Noah one day and told him to look at N's paper (another victim of her kindergarten snobbery). L proceeded to tell him that N scribble scrabbles on her page and doesn't stay in the lines like THEY did.
So we'll pick up our conversation from here:
ME: Well it sounds to me that L is not very kind--always trying to find ugly things to say about others.
ME: Well it sounds to me that L is not very kind--always trying to find ugly things to say about others.
Noah: What do you mean?
ME: Well remember the other day she told you that N scribble scrabbles.
Noah: Oh yeah. I wonder why she does that?
ME: I don't know but maybe you should tell L next time that if she can't be nice with her words she should not say anything at all.
Noah: Yeah, I will tell her tomorrow that N doesn't scribble scrabble she is just learning how to get better. And she should not talk about A eating his booger because maybe he is just hungry.
I had to turn away and bite my lip REALLY hard as I kept the chuckles in. I never followed up with him. But I am sure he gave L something else to talk about.
2 comments:
You know, you should put a disclaimer on this! You know. "Don't read immediately after dinner!
I am SO sorry, I know how high of a gag reflex you have.
But in my defense I thought that the title followed by Jordan picking his nose might be a small clue.
Hope I didn't ruin any dessert plans. ;-)
Post a Comment