It started on Monday, I read Lysa TerKeurst's blog regularly. I do not know her personally, but she works at Proverbs 31 ministries. She has such a heart for God. Well, I read her blog this week and she talked about a friend who was having a give away. I don't know her friend either. But thought I would enter the contest. The rules were to "Post a comment about how God ministered His love to you in a personal detail, or how He prompted you to be a vessel of His love for someone else. " So I posted. Maybe someday I will share that with you. I was notified Friday that I had won! I was overwhelmed. The announcement came at just the right time. It reminded me that God cares for me. He sees my effort and tells me that He is proud of me. Man did I need that! So next week I will get a variety box of Herr's potato chips (which I have never tried), and two books. I can't wait to get them all!
Then, today my babies were baptized. Matthew accepted Christ over a year ago, but we never made a big deal about baptism. I know it is an important part of the believers life, but for our family we felt it would be more significant if he chose the time rather than having him desire baptism because others were doing it. Noah accepted Christ this summer. We were at church decorating for VBS. And he randomly said "Mommy I think I need to ask Jesus into my heart." We had been talking about it. But I did not want to pressure any of my children into a decision. We would talk about it and say "when you feel like you need to ask Jesus into your heart we can." So they were both baptized today. Even more special was the fact
that since daddy had been ordained as a deacon back in January, he got to baptize them. It was a special time. Chris was proud of them. He said, "I did not follow God as a child. I am so proud of them for making a decision I did not make until I was an adult."More than any diploma, award, or trophy that they may receive I am FOREVER blessed to know that all of my children have made the choice to follow Christ. I hope they know I treasure these moments above all else. And I hope they will forever taste and the goodness of the Lord. I am a blessed mom. And, you know, I don't deserve it. But I am so grateful that God loves me anyway.
Friend He loves you just as much, look for Him this week. He's waiting to bless you too!
6 comments:
Praise God! What an incredible thing to be able to watch your children come to know Jesus and then be baptized! My 5 children are all 7 and under. My oldest is asking about baptism. She accepted Jesus about a year ago. I pray for the day that I see each of them accept Christ and want to be baptized.
Can I ask what Beth Moore Study you are doing? I'm leading "Get Out of That Pit" right now.
Blessings!
-Melissa
Goosebumps! That is beautiful news! I don't think there could be greater joy as a parent than to see them follow Jesus!
I have three adult children who have not yet made this committment -- and two at home (ages 4 - 5) We pray for each of them everyday. God DOES hear our prayers!
... Congratulations on contest. What a week!
What a wonderful blessing from the Lord. Isn't it awesome how he brings things into our lives at just the perfect moment! Not surprising though. HE IS GOD.
How wonderful to be baptised by their daddy. What a great post.
Wow...I got emotional here seeing the pictures of your boys being baptized by Daddy! Wow! What a treasure! God is good!
Enjoy those chips and snacks! :) The books are on their way! ("The Holiest of All" by A. Murray and "What Happens When Women Walk By Faith" by Lysa TerKeurst)
Hugs,
Sharon :)
What incredible joy to see your son's baptized and walking with the Lord. You are blessed among women.
Post a Comment