There is a saying that says: "Life is not a matter of milestones, but of memories." And the older I am getting the more I am cherishing those memories--even if they are made within a ten mile radius of our home.
We spent a lot of the week doing one of our favorite things--eating. Since we spent no money going on a trip, we used some of that savings to take the boys to places locally. They had never experienced a Japanese Steakhouse before and we took them to one this week. The food was good.

But Noah's favorite part of the meal (aside from the show the chef put on) were the egg rolls. I don't know how authentic they were at this particular steakhouse, but hey they filled him up. Notice, he's pre-glasses here.

We also enjoyed a day out at the "lake". Whenever the boys can break dad away they like to go to any local playa lake and fish. Matthew was the master caster this time as he caught the most fish. Granted they are all extremely too small to provide sustenance for anyone, but he still caught the most.
This particular time we took my nephew with us. We were told we needed to make sure the younger two boys were safe by placing them in life jackets. So...being the rule follower I am I made sure EVERYONE wore the life jacket at some point during the day. That way we were all safe for a little while.
And, Matthew being the rule follower that HE is, didn't mind in the least.
Noah was not quite as excited.
And Mark...well he was the least happiest. In his opinion he's been swimming since he was five, and therefore he's way too experienced for a life jacket. Someday he'll see the humor in this picture.We made it day by playing on the playground, enjoying a picnic lunch, and tossing the pigskin around. Mark did seem to enjoy this a bit more.

And there were more opportunities to eat some of our favorite foods. This is the way Matthew like his fajita burritos. 
Mark thought that since he is almost thirteen that he could try a jalapeno. Let's just say, thinking is as far as he really ended up getting with it.
And what fun would it be for the boys if they couldn't turn the camera on mom. That's okay, because the sopapillas were certainly good!
Yet, the week had to come to an end, and that meant that the beginning of soccer season is now upon us. Matthew's team started the season with a win, and he looked like a pro doing it too! Notice--two on one. Who's got skills?!
Mark's division is now getting smaller and smaller. But they still play as hard. I wish I could tell you that his hair is flying because he is running that fast, but no, it was simply the West Texas wind. However, his defensive skills helped his team go on to victory. They were so excited as this is the first season in about three years where the team started out with a win.
So all in all we enjoyed the week. It came and went way too fast. But now, there are only a little over forty days of school left. This week has made me long for the lazy days of summer. I hope you too got to spend some time doing the things you enjoy the most with the ones you love the most. It sure makes the bad days a lot more bearable.
2 comments:
As I look out the window at the blizzard that is before us I thank God that you guys had a good spring break. Thankfully this weather waited a while.
I love seeing your family out having fun ... just enjoying each other.
Priceless memories!!!
Oh Paige, you don't know how glad I am that we experienced Spring Break last week instead of this week. The weather truly was perfect.
And I know the boys really do get sick of the camera in their faces all of the time, but someday when they are grown and gone I want something to remember our fun times with. That, and they're great for blackmail! :D
Post a Comment