This is one of my absolute favorite pictures of Matthew. We went to the circus several years ago, and he got a free clown hat with his cotton candy. The moment he put it on he made this face. It was like there was magic in the hat and he just COULDN'T frown while wearing it. This is Matthew's general attitude though. He never frowns for long.
Yesterday I was in the bathroom and could hear Matthew telling jokes to Mark. We share the same goofy sense of humor and so naturally I laughed. I thought I would share them with you.
Q: Why did the chicken cross the dirty road and then cross it again?
A: Because he was a dirty double crosser!
Q: Why did the lion spit the clown out?
A: Because he tasted funny!
We had a rough go of things last week. A storm came and we let doubt flood our boat. But God was with us, as Chris said, He was in our boat even when the storm didn't stop. This week the sky was a bit brighter and the sailing has started out much calmer. And hearing Matthew laughing was like a reminder to me--straight from God--that all is well. I hope you too find reasons to laugh this week. I hope when you do you'll remember that He always gives you just enough, even when it doesn't feel that way.

4 comments:
I heard someone say once that God doesn't deliver us from the storm, He delivers us in the storm. I am thankful for how He cared for you in your storm.
LOVE the jokes!!!
I heard someone say once that God doesn't deliver us from the storm, He delivers us in the storm. I am thankful that He cared for you and Chris in your storm.
LOVE the jokes!
OK, so I've been redundant in my comments. I forgot about comment moderation, so please feel free to delete the excess. Have a nice day.
Are you kidding?! I wouldn't delete NOT one of your comments. Redundant or not. Not sure why comment moderation is filtering.
But nonetheless...Thank you for your prayers. I love every soul God blessed me with when He brought Sarah into my life. I'm humbled to know that such a woman of faith like yourself prays for me.
And I thought the jokes were pretty great! Chris and Mark however both had the same response an eye roll and a short snort.
Post a Comment